Monday, September 5, 2011

Alzheimer's Association Rummage Sale

Last weekend I spent $20 at a rummage sale. Big spender I know. It was totally worth it. 

This Tommy Bahama shirt cost a little more than I usually like to spend ($10), but the other Tommy christmas shirts were all listed at $99 so I figured it must be a winner.  Well, the other Tommy's hadn't sold yet, probably because no one is buying a hundred dollar Christmas shirt in September...but, I listed it for $59.99 and sold it two days later. I may have been able to get more if I waited, but hey, time is money right!


I also listed this key chain that I found at the sale.  It's a brand new Tokidoki key chain.  A quick trip to the car to check my iphone informed me that the same key chain had previously sold for $25. So I figured why not and bought it for $1.  Actually, I bought two of these key chains for $2.  But this one sold within one night of listing it.

So from the $20 I spent, my profit so far is about $60. I have yet to list the second key chain, homedics lullaby player ($5) naturalizer sandals ($2) and VINTAGE SILVER FERRAGAMO PUMPS ($0.50).

So far so good!

No comments: