Monday, November 28, 2011

Think Before You Donate

A while back my sister dropped off two bags of items that she had been planning to donate to the Habitat for Humanity Thrift Shop. She said I could have first crack at selling them and donate the rest.

Well, thank God she did because not only did I score some uber-cute Lululemon workout wear and a brand spanking new Fhi Hair Straightener (what was she thinking, lol), but I've sold many items in those bags for a nice profit. My personal favorites are the items that belonged to her ex-bf including some video games and a book. Chel, if you are reading this, I owe you a check.

Here's some of the highlights:

BCBG Ruched Top sold for $15

 BCBG dress sold for $10.50
 Lucy Love Tweed Vest sold for $4.50.
 AG Jeans sold for $24.99
TRX Training DVD sold for $28. BTW, she's an awesome personal trainer if anyone on Kauai needs to get in shape.

Moral of the story: Think before you donate to thrift shops. Maybe you can make a buck or two first.

If you need some help selling, I'm happy to do a consignment consultation with you.

1 comment:

dherself said...

I enjoy your blog very much and was wondering if you've ever written about how you organize your clothing to sell. I sell books but would like to get into clothes. Questions: how do you keep track of what you spent for a clothing item? With books it's easy to put a removeable label on the book with the cost. Do you number each item in some way so that when it sells, you can easily lay your hands on the correct item? If you've written about this stuff, let me know and I'll try to find it on your blog. Thanks.