Monday, October 10, 2011

Darn it! Just missed my goal.

Wow, last week was a great week of sales! I had three days where I sold at least four items, which doesn't seem like much, but for me is a huge accomplishment.

My goal is to make at least $250 per week on eBay to offset my childcare costs of $1100 per month. No, you do not need to get your eyes checked. You are reading correctly.  We pay $1100 per month for our two little ones to go to day care. Many of you SAHM's are thinking why not just stay home and save the money...well, we have a ridiculously large mortgage. And my husband has mandatory furlough days and had a 5% reduction in annual salary. We wouldn't be able to handle that mortgage and all other expenses without my job.

None the less, I would have made my goal if I gave in to a low ball, crap offer on a brand new in box Tamagotchi Angel that I have, but I'd rather wait for the right buyer to come along and offer me a fair price.

Anyway, here's the highlights of my week:
Paid $5, sold for $26.99

Paid $1, sold for $19.99

Paid $10, Sold for $39.99. Was glad to see this go, I've been hoarding it for a couple years now but only recently put it up for sale.

Paid $2, Sold for $19.99
I'm okay with my sales. It only motivates me to push harder and get things listed. I scored some great finds this weekend that I hope to post later about and I have about five plastic containers of finds that need to be listed.

Like Dori said, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming."

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Lindsey A. Turner said...

Wow! You did good even if you didn't make your goal!

Lindsey Turner
http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com